Wouldn't it be great to pop in and visit the Museum at any time the mood strikes and never stand in line? Wouldn't you like to visit as many as 20 exhibitions a year, visit the Collection Galleries at your leisure, and stay up to date with world-class cultural activities offered at the Israel Museum?
Would you like getting exclusive benefits, discounts in the Museum shops, and restaurants; be invited to participate in special events organized just for members; moreover, receive wonderful benefits at other cultural institutions, even free entrance?
All this and other extras make becoming a member at the Israel Museum very worthwhile.
Join our exclusive circle of members now!
Giving a Membership to those you love is the gift people love to get.
Purchase a membership for a friend and gain an additional month on your own membership for free.
Please call for more details Tel: 02 670-8855
A Golden Opportunity
A rare hoard comprising 24 golden coins and a gold earring was discovered in Caesarea a year ago, was buried in a bronze inkwell and hidden inside a well dating from 900 years ago. A coin from the end of the eleventh century connects the hoard's
hiding to the Crusader invasion of the city. Curator Liza Lurie will lead this preview of the hoard before it is displayed to the public.
Members are invited to closely examine it, to learn about its history, its preservation, and its journey to the Museum.
Wed 29.1 | 12 noon | Fully booked
In the Islamic Art and Archaeology storerooms
Emoglyphs: Picture-Writing from Hieroglyphs to the Emoji
Curator Shirly Ben Dor-Evian will discuss the exhibition. An exploration of the metamorphosis of picture-writing from antiquity to modern times through finds from ancient Egypt, displayed against the background of contemporary emoji use. Follow the journey of this form of writing throughout history, and learn how pictures can provide a complex, sophisticated system of visual communication.
Tues 25.2 | 6 pm | Springer Auditorium
Space is limited | Register at firstname.lastname@example.org
Concert series featuring musicians from the Conservatory of the Jerusalem Academy of Music and Dance
Fri 17.1, 14.2, 6.3 | 12:30 pm | Free of charge
Details will be sent by email closer to the event, No registration necessary
Qigong classes for Museum members only. A small and intimate group led by Ronit Malkin in the Museum galleries
Wed | 7:45 - 8:45 am | IS 40 per class
Registeration in advance at email@example.com or tel. 6708855
Benefits at the Museum*
- Discounts on Museum events (as advertised).
- In the cafés and restaurants of the Museum: 10% discount off regular prices.*
- Entrance ticket for friends who join your visit to the Museum: 10% discount off a full-price admission ticket.
- In the Museum Shops: 10% discount on all items on presentation of a valid membership card. Details at 02 535-7000.
- In the Youth Wing:
- 5 NIS off workshops for children who are part of a Family Membership
(workshops costing over 10 NIS).
- Free admission to the Israel Museum campus, the Rockefeller Museum, and the Ticho House.
- Art lectures in the Museum.
- Tours of museums throughout Israel offered for Members only.
- Members receive audio-guides to Museum exhibitions free of charge.
- Members receive current updates about special programs and events at the Museum.
At Other Cultural Institutions
- Haifa Museums: Free admission for Members and Israeli Friends of the Israel Museum (IFIM) at the following museums in Haifa, upon presentation of valid Membership:
- Haifa Museum of Art
- Tikotin Museum of Japanese Art
- National Maritime Museum (Details: 02 535-7000)
- Haifa City Museum
- The Israel National Museum of Science in Haifa 15% off regular price.* Tel: 04 861-4444
- 1 + 1 At the Moshe Castel Museum, Maale Adumim, upon presentation of valid Membership. For details (in Hebrew) see the Museum's website
- The Jerusalem Khan Theater
- 25% off yearlong membership 50% off individual tickets.
Discount available at the theater box office.* Tel: 02 671-8281
- The Jerusalem Symphony Orchestra – IBA
- 20% off yearlong membership. Tel: 1-700-704-000 or 02 566-0211
|Family||450 NIS (two adults plus children aged 5-17)|
|Child||50 NIS (ages 5-17)|
|Student||120 NIS (with valid identity card from the institution)|
|Teacher||120 NIS (with valid identity card from the institution)|
|Israeli senior citizen||120 NIS (Individual, women above 60, men above 65, upon presentation of official Israeli Ezrach Vatik card)|
|Israeli senior citizens||180 NIS (Dual, where both women are over 60, or both men are over 65, each person must qualify for the discount and upon presentation of an official Israeli Ezrach Vatik card)|
|Special group discounts||Please contact the Membership Department for details|
The Israel Museum
Tel: 02 670-8855, Fax: 02 677-1332
Telephone queries: Sun – Thurs 8:30 am – 3 pm
- Jan 16Feb 27Mar 05Mar 19Mar 26Apr 23May 07May 21Jun 11
- Jan 16Feb 06Mar 05Apr 23
- Apr 22
- Jan 09Jan 30Feb 20Mar 19Apr 16
- Jan 07Jan 14Jan 21Jan 28Feb 04Feb 11Feb 18Feb 25Mar 03Mar 17Mar 24Mar 31Apr 07
- Jan 02Feb 13Mar 12Apr 02
- Jan 22Feb 19Apr 01