Pendant for Torah shield with dedicatory inscription
Altingen, Germany
Silver, repoussé, and engraved; remains of pendant chain
Inscribed in German in honor of Mr. Lewis Harris from Dublin, eldest son of Mr. J. Wormser "from here" [Altingen],1855
H: 6.4; W: 5.4 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 229
Accession number: B50.02.0271(a) ; 148/177

See two similar pendants dedicated to the parents and to the congregation of the donor.

Provenance Research Online: World War II Looted Cultural Treasures, Israel Museum, Jerusalem

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir

למאגר התערוכות , מוזיאון ישראל | מוזיאון ישראל, ירושלים | כל הזכויות שמורות © מוזיאון ישראל, ירושלים 1995-
To The Israel Museum Exhibition Online | The Israel Museum, Jerusalem | Copyright © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem 1995-