Kiddush goblet with dedicatory inscription
Vienna, Austrian Empire
1818
Silver, repoussé, and engraved; metal sheet restoration and weight-supporting stone
The later Hebrew inscription mentions the names of the donors: the synagogue Charity Society wardens ("gabaim") Chaim Leib Veiner and Moshe Rozenbaum from the Holy Community of Szerdahely (abbreviated, named also Dunaszerdahely), and the year [5]631 (1818)
H: 21; Diam: 9 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 292
Accession number: B50.02.0865 ; 133/013


Exhibitions:
Provenance Research Online: World War II Looted Cultural Treasures, Israel Museum, Jerusalem

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir




 
למאגר התערוכות , מוזיאון ישראל | מוזיאון ישראל, ירושלים | כל הזכויות שמורות © מוזיאון ישראל, ירושלים 1995-
To The Israel Museum Exhibition Online | The Israel Museum, Jerusalem | Copyright © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem 1995-