Kiddush goblet from Burial Society, with dedicatory inscription
Austria-Hungary
1898
Silver, repoussé, engraved, and stamped, gilt traces
The Hebrew inscription mentions that the goblet was donated by Rabbi Yehuda Grossmann, Chief of the Rabbinical Court of the community, in memory of his beloved ancestors Rabbi Nahman and his wife Esther, daughter of the great Rabbi Moshe Leib Litsh Rosenbaum from Pressburg. Additional inscription on the back mentions the Burial Society of Epelshag (Eipelschlag) and the Hebrew year
H: 25; Diam: 12.5 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 263
Accession number: B50.02.0880 ; 133/019


Exhibitions:
Provenance Research Online: World War II Looted Cultural Treasures, Israel Museum, Jerusalem

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir




 
למאגר התערוכות , מוזיאון ישראל | מוזיאון ישראל, ירושלים | כל הזכויות שמורות © מוזיאון ישראל, ירושלים 1995-
To The Israel Museum Exhibition Online | The Israel Museum, Jerusalem | Copyright © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem 1995-