Torah pointer with dedicatory inscription
Jerusalem, Land of Israel
Silver, filigree, cast, engraved, and inlaid with turquoise; carved ivory
Inscribed in Hebrew: "Bezalel Jerusalem"; later inscription in Hungarian mentions that the pointer was donated to the synagogue of Szarvas by Dr. Sheiner to commemorate his trip to Jerusalem, and the Hebrew year 5677 (1916)
L: 27 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 5591
Accession number: B50.02.1299 ; 149/006

Provenance Research Online: World War II Looted Cultural Treasures, Israel Museum, Jerusalem

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir

למאגר התערוכות , מוזיאון ישראל | מוזיאון ישראל, ירושלים | כל הזכויות שמורות © מוזיאון ישראל, ירושלים 1995-
To The Israel Museum Exhibition Online | The Israel Museum, Jerusalem | Copyright © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem 1995-