Alms box donated to a burial society by its officers
Hungary, Austrian Empire
1818
Silver, repoussé and engraved
Inscribed in Hebrew with the names of the donors, Shmuel b"f and Shmuel Katz, the gabaim [treasurers] of the Holy Community of Komaron [today Komárom, Hungary and Komárno, Slovakia]; "Blessed are they that [keep judgment], and he that doeth righteousness at all times" (Psalms 106:3); and the Hebrew year 5579 [1819]
H: 9; Diam: 15 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 506
Accession number: B50.02.0927 ; 130/009


Exhibitions:
Provenance Research Online: World War II Looted Cultural Treasures, Israel Museum, Jerusalem

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir




 
למאגר התערוכות , מוזיאון ישראל | מוזיאון ישראל, ירושלים | כל הזכויות שמורות © מוזיאון ישראל, ירושלים 1995-
To The Israel Museum Exhibition Online | The Israel Museum, Jerusalem | Copyright © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem 1995-