Torah crown with rhyming dedication
Austrian Empire
Silver, repoussé, chased, pierced, and engraved
Inscribed in Hebrew with dedication and rhyming poem of praise to donor and philanthropist Halevi from the community with the abbreviated name "Go"od" – Groysvardeyn (the Yiddish name for Oradea); additional inscription notes that this donation was made in 1857 to replace a previous donation from the same donor in 1826.
H: 41; Diam: 31 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 5067
Accession number: B50.02.1156 ; 146/009

Provenance Research Online: World War II Looted Cultural Treasures, Israel Museum, Jerusalem

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir

למאגר התערוכות , מוזיאון ישראל | מוזיאון ישראל, ירושלים | כל הזכויות שמורות © מוזיאון ישראל, ירושלים 1995-
To The Israel Museum Exhibition Online | The Israel Museum, Jerusalem | Copyright © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem 1995-