Cloth for cantor's stand with dedicatory inscription
Trakai, Lithuania
Silk damask woven with cotton, metal, and wool thread; cotton lining with cotton thread embroidery
The Hebrew inscription embroidered on the lining mentions that this cloth was donated to the synagogue of Trakai on "Sabbath Nachamu" (the first Sabbath after the 9th of Av) by Sara Hana, daughter of the late Simcha Yitzhak Levanos, and the Hebrew year
L: 142; W: 52 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: T496
Accession number: B50.02.1880 ; 156/003

Provenance Research Online: World War II Looted Cultural Treasures, Israel Museum, Jerusalem

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir

למאגר התערוכות , מוזיאון ישראל | מוזיאון ישראל, ירושלים | כל הזכויות שמורות © מוזיאון ישראל, ירושלים 1995-
To The Israel Museum Exhibition Online | The Israel Museum, Jerusalem | Copyright © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem 1995-