Kiddush goblet with dedicatory inscription
Vienna, Austria-Hungary
ca. 1880
Silver, repoussé and engraved
The Hebrew inscription mentions that the goblet was donated in memory of Rabbi Leib Kenigsberger, Chief of the Rabbinic Court of the Holy Community of Steinamanger (Szombathely), and his wife Feigele, by their son Yonatan Kenigsberger and his wife Sarl, on Rosh Hashana (Hebrew New Year) 1880, in honor of the synagogue inauguration
H: 25; Diam: 14 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 262
Accession number: B50.02.0854 ; 133/004

Provenance Research Online: World War II Looted Cultural Treasures, Israel Museum, Jerusalem

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir

למאגר התערוכות , מוזיאון ישראל | מוזיאון ישראל, ירושלים | כל הזכויות שמורות © מוזיאון ישראל, ירושלים 1995-
To The Israel Museum Exhibition Online | The Israel Museum, Jerusalem | Copyright © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem 1995-