Kiddush goblet with dedicatory inscription
Vienna, Austria-Hungary
Silver, spun, stamped, engraved, and partly gilt
The Hebrew inscription is a four-line limerick whose first initials spell the name of the cantor "Shlomo", and that also indicates the Hebrew year; German inscription on the other side: "Donated by the Synagogue Organization of the Mariahilf and Neubau district in Vienna, to Chief Cantor Prof. Solomon Sultzer on his 70th birthday, March 30, 1874"
H: 28, Diam: 12 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 6421
Accession number: B50.02.0676 ; 133/025

Provenance Research Online: World War II Looted Cultural Treasures, Israel Museum, Jerusalem

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir

למאגר התערוכות , מוזיאון ישראל | מוזיאון ישראל, ירושלים | כל הזכויות שמורות © מוזיאון ישראל, ירושלים 1995-
To The Israel Museum Exhibition Online | The Israel Museum, Jerusalem | Copyright © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem 1995-