Kiddush cup with dedicatory inscription
Cluj, Transylvania
1691
Silversmith: Danieli Brassai
Silver, repoussé, engraved, and partly gilt
Inscriptions: "ANNO 1691 GOTS SARA"; later Hebrew inscription mentions that the cup was donated by the family of the lateYehiel Yehuda and Rachel Lea Hay (whose Hungarian names – Mihály and Róza Háy – appear in an additional inscription), and the Hebrew year [5]670 [1910]
H: 15; Diam: 10.7 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 350
Accession number: B50.02.0826 ; 133/129

See additional donations from the same family [137/007; 146/016]


Exhibitions:
Provenance Research Online: World War II Looted Cultural Treasures, Israel Museum, Jerusalem

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir




 
למאגר התערוכות , מוזיאון ישראל | מוזיאון ישראל, ירושלים | כל הזכויות שמורות © מוזיאון ישראל, ירושלים 1995-
To The Israel Museum Exhibition Online | The Israel Museum, Jerusalem | Copyright © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem 1995-