Torah shield with dedicatory inscription
Galicia or Ukraine
Copper sheet, repoussé, and engraved; remains of silver plating
The Hebrew inscription mentions that the shield was donated by the late Eliezer Fabi (Hebrew initials "peh," "beit," "yud") in the year 5602 (1842)
H: 10; W: 9 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 6544
Accession number: B50.02.0269 ; 148/029

Provenance Research Online: World War II Looted Cultural Treasures, Israel Museum, Jerusalem

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir

למאגר התערוכות , מוזיאון ישראל | מוזיאון ישראל, ירושלים | כל הזכויות שמורות © מוזיאון ישראל, ירושלים 1995-
To The Israel Museum Exhibition Online | The Israel Museum, Jerusalem | Copyright © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem 1995-