Charity box from Burial Society with dedicatory inscription
Budapest, Hungary, Austrian Empire
1860
Silver, repoussé and engraved
The Hebrew inscription mentions that the box was made by the synagogue wardens ("gabaim") of the Burial Society of Waitzen (Vác): Wolf Khrinovier, Shmuel Kesig, and Zalman Leib Regber; and the Hebrew year
H: 22; Diam: 11 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 488
Accession number: B50.02.0902 ; 130/023


Exhibitions:
Provenance Research Online: World War II Looted Cultural Treasures, Israel Museum, Jerusalem

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir




 
למאגר התערוכות , מוזיאון ישראל | מוזיאון ישראל, ירושלים | כל הזכויות שמורות © מוזיאון ישראל, ירושלים 1995-
To The Israel Museum Exhibition Online | The Israel Museum, Jerusalem | Copyright © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem 1995-