Photo © Israel Museum, Jerusalem, by Elie Posner
Kiddush cup
Hanover, Germany
1860
Silversmith: Matthias
Silver, repoussé, engraved, and punched
Hebrew inscription mentioning that the cup was dedicated in honor of the chief of the rabbinical court of Prague, Rabbi Shlomo Yehuda Leib Cohen Rappaport, on his 70th birthday; on the lid: “Crown of the Good Name” and the Hebrew year
H: 33; Diam: 14 cm
Bequest of Ms. Rappaport, Brussels
Accession number: B48.09.0805 ; 133/043
 
 


Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir