Photo © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, by Yair Hovav
Tall tower-shaped spice box, belonged to a Burial Society
Brno, Moravia, Austrian Empire
1863
Silver, filigree, cut and partly gilt
Hebrew inscripion with the name Pinhas Shpitz, Burial Society of Oradea (today in Romania)
H: 39; W: 10 cm
Received through JRSO (Jewish Restitution Successor Organization)
Wiesbaden collecting point number: 1745
Accession number: B50.02.1010 ; 124/158
 
 


Exhibition:
Provenance Research Online: World War II Looted Cultural Treasures, Israel Museum, Jerusalem

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir