Photo © Israel Museum, Jerusalem, by Elie Posner
Torah shield burned on Kristallnacht
Germany
Late 19th – early 20th century
Silver, repoussé
German inscription on the back of the shield notes that it was dedicated by Max Philipsborn in 1913 in memory of his beloved wife, Clara Philipsborn, née Wertheim
H: 30 cm
Gift of Ernst Grüshen, Berlin
Accession number: B55.11.0089 ; 148/192
 
 


Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir