Photo © Israel Museum, Jerusalem, by Elie Posner
Hanukkah lamp made of glass beads
Jerusalem
ca. 1900
Glass beads, colored; cotton thread; iron wire; glass bowls
Inscribed in Hebrew: “To kindle the Hanukkah light” [blessing over the lights]
H: 34.4; W: 38.3 cm
The Feuchtwanger Collection, purchased and donated by Baruch and Ruth Rappaport, Geneva
Accession number: HF 0393 ; 118/659
 
 

Publications:
Shachar, Isaiah, Jewish Tradition in Art: The Feuchtwanger Collection of Judaica, The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, 1981

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir