Royal fortress gate
Iron Age II, 9th century BCE
Israel Antiquities Authority
Accession number: IAA 1967-1561, 1967-1562
This is the right half of a double gate that stood at the entrance to the fortress of Hazor in the time of King Ahab. It is built of finely hewn blocks and adorned with two carved capitals, which support a massive lintel.
Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir