Photo © Israel Museum, Jerusalem, by Elie Posner
Torah shield decorated with Torah Ark
Poland
ca. 1785
Silver cut, repoussé, engraved, and partly gilt
Inscribed in Hebrew: “Dedicated to the Lord 5545 [=1785]”
Shalom Asch Collection, on permanent loan from The Jerusalem Foundation
Accession number: L-B73.1155 ; 148/215
 
 


Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir