Photo © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, by Avi Ganor
Torah finials and pointer
Warsaw, Poland
Mid-18th century, dedicated 1927
Silver, cast, engraved, punched, and partly gilt
Marks: on finials, silver standard, tax inspector, city 1787-98, and Lombard silver mark; on Torah pointer: Lombard silver mark
Inscribed in Hebrew on the finials: “Donated by Dr. Joshua Eliezer Wasser Halevi and his wife Frederica, 5687 [=1926/27]”
Torah finials: H: 23.3; Diam:10.3 cm
Pointer: L: 22.7; Diam: 2.7 cm
The Stieglitz Collection was donated to the Museum with the contribution of Erica and Ludwig Jesselson, New York, to American Friends of the Israel Museum
Accession number: B86.0157(a-b), B86.0168 ; 147/324(a-b), 149/247
 
 

Publications:
Benjamin, Chaya, The Stieglitz Collection: Masterpieces of Jewish Art, The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, 1987, English / Hebrew

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir