Photo © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, by Avi Ganor
Torah shield decorated with Torah ark
Poland
ca. 1820
Silver, repoussé, cast, pierced, engraved, and partly gilt
Inscribed in Hebrew with the year of dedication
H: 23.3; W: 18.2 cm
The Stieglitz Collection was donated to the Museum with the contribution of Erica and Ludwig Jesselson, New York, to American Friends of the Israel Museum
Accession number: B86.0139 ; 148/288
 
 

Publications:
Benjamin, Chaya, The Stieglitz Collection: Masterpieces of Jewish Art, The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, 1987, English / Hebrew

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir