Photo © Israel Museum, Jerusalem, by Ofrit Rozenberg Ben-Menachem
Mortuary comb
Moravia
1736
Silver, engraved
Hebrew inscription listing the names of the donors, who were also gabbaim (officers of the burial society)
H: 6.2; W: 12.8 cm
The Feuchtwanger Collection, purchased and donated by Baruch and Ruth Rappaport, Geneva
Accession number: HF 0167 ; 191/029
 
 

Publications:
Shachar, Isaiah, Jewish Tradition in Art: The Feuchtwanger Collection of Judaica, The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, 1981

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir