Photo © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem
Double beaker for circumcision
Hall, Tirol, Austria
1827
Silver, repoussé, engraved, and partly gilt
Inscribed in Hebrew: "Cup of metzitzah [suction], cup of blessing"
H: 6.2-6.4; Diam: 6.3-6.6 cm
The Stieglitz Collection was donated to the Museum with the contribution of Erica and Ludwig Jesselson, New York, to American Friends of the Israel Museum
Accession number: B86.0124 ; 112/145
 
 

Publications:
Benjamin, Chaya, The Stieglitz Collection: Masterpieces of Jewish Art, The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, 1987, English / Hebrew
The Jewish World 365 Days, from the Collections of The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, Publisher: Harry N. Abrams, Inc., New York, USA, 2004

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir