Photo © The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, by Neta Dror
“(Belonging) to [Si]lliba‘al, so[n o]f Pulsiba‘al,” inscription on a knife blade
Nahal Tabor
Late Canaanite period, 13th–12th century BCE
Bronze
L: 14.6 cm
Israel Antiquities Authority
Accession number: IAA 1944-318
 
 
The inscription is in an alphabetic cuneiform script that is known from Ugarit (Syria).

Publications:
Hestrin, Ruth, Israeli, Yael, Meshorer, Yaakov, Eitan, Avraham, Inscriptions reveal: Documents from the time of the Bible, the Mishna and the Talmud, The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, 1973, English / Hebrew

Digital presentation of this object was made possible by: The Ridgefield Foundation, New York, in memory of Henry J. and Erna D. Leir